- To Setup your AireNet email under your email client (ie: Outlook, Windows mail etc) Use the following settings:
To see an example of settings with Outlook, click here
WE DO NOT allow relaying. In other words, if you are not using AireNet as a service provider, you must set your Outgoing (SMTP) server to your current service providers Outgoing (SMTP) server.
Incoming mail (POP3): mail.airenet.com (PORT 110)
Outgoing mail (SMTP): mail.airenet.com (PORT 465)
Account name: Please use your whole email address. (ie: email@example.com)
We require SSL for SMTP Authentication.
If you are setting up your email account under a cell phone, Please contact your cell phone provider for the proper outgoing mail server information. when connected to the cell phones network, you cannot use mail.airenet.com as the outgoing server.
- AireNet is a Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) delivering consistent, reliable, high-speed connections since 2001. Servicing Acme, Airdrie, Bowden, Carstairs, Cremona, Crossfield, Dickson, Didsbury, Dogpound, Eagle Hill, Gleniffer Lake, Innisfail, Linden, Madden, Olds, Spruce View, Sundre, Sunnyslope, Swalwell, Three Hills, Torrington, Trochu, Water Valley, Winchell Lake and surrounding areas of Central Alberta. (See our coverage map for details)
- AireNet is a local Alberta company, 100% privately owned and operated. Our owners and staff have lived here most of their lives. We’re confident you’ll find us to be down-to-earth, good-natured people, just like most folks in this area. Our mission is to bring you the best and most reliable Internet service available.
- AireNet is unique. We are not a division of a large communications company, nor are we publicly traded. Our office is located in Olds, Alberta, not in the big city or in another province. We can be easily reached at 403.556.6315 or 1-800-815-5570. You will always be able to talk with a local staff person who can assist you in whatever Internet problem you are having.
What is “Fixed Wireless”?
Fixed Wireless is the process of connecting your desktop computer or network to the Internet through the use of microwave radios using the IEEE 802.11 standard. AireNet has several towers in the counties of Mountain View, Kneehill, Rocky View MD, and Red Deer County and from them, broadcasts a two-way Internet signal to customers. A Wireless Install is very similar to a Satellite Dish Install with a dish mounted on the out side of your house or business and a lead in cable coming into the house at your desired location.
In order to understand Fixed Wireless, it’s also important to talk about what fixed wireless is NOT:
- It does not use satellite! AireNet BroadBand’s signal is not bounced off a satellite 22,000 miles away in space to reach customers. Because satellite signals have to travel 44,000 miles round-trip, a noticeable lag time (delay) is experienced while surfing via satellite. It does not have satellite lag times.
- It is not “Bluetooth”, and it’s not from your cell-phone. These technologies are designed for slow, short-range, roaming wireless connection between devices. AireNet BroadBand’s implementation of Fixed Wireless uses the IEEE 802.11 standard to achieve a 10 mile (or more) broadcast range. It is designed for dependable, high-speed, wireless connection between buildings, not devices.
- We DO NOT USE DSL LINES for our Backbone. We use Fiber Optic Cable which is capable of speeds the same as ALBERTA SUPERNET. We use Ultra High Speed Back Haul Units to our relay tower sites, which tie back to the fiber in Olds.
How fast is it?
AireNet’s Fixed High Speed Wireless standard plan is 4 Mbs download and 2 Mbs upload. see our plans.
How much does it cost?
See the pricing page for details. If you sign a 2yr contract, there are no upfront fees.
What are the hardware/software requirements?
AireNet BroadBand’s standard equipment is designed to either connect to a computer via the Ethernet port or to a router. No software is required for the computer. The equipment is compatible with any computer that has an Ethernet port (Windows, Macs, Linux, etc). For multiple computers and for wifi, a router will be required (not included).
Do I have to sign a contract?
Only if you want to. Airenet Internet is a month to month service and you may cancel at any time (if you didn’t sign a contract) if you are not totally satisfied, for what ever reason. If you move or no longer require the equipment AireNet will come out and pick up the equipment at no charge.
Do you offer email addresses?
In addition to offering broadband, we offer a wide variety of Internet-related services.
Email addresses will be “YourName@airenet.com”. 3 email addresses come with each residential account,. Additional email addresses are available at a small cost. Email settings for Incoming and Outgoing Servers are mail.airenet.com
What’s the range for Fixed Wireless?
Although we have customers as far out as 12 miles away from our tower, the general coverage area is roughly a 10 mile radius extending from each tower. As a general rule, service is available wherever an unobstructed view of one of our towers can be established. Although it is technically feasible, we discourage installations where a direct line-of-sight to our towers is not possible. Click here to see a coverage map.
What about hills, trees and weather?
As a general rule, fixed wireless signals cannot penetrate buildings, hills and thick trees to provide a reliable service. Direct line-of-sight to one of our towers is required. We do have a number of connections within 1-mile radius of a tower that will burn through light trees. If obstructions prevent line-of-sight to one of our towers, a mast or pole may be required. The mast can be attached to the roof or side of the house – much like a TV antenna. (The customer will be billed for the cost of any mounting materials, equipment and labor to erect such a mast or tower. Fixed wireless signals function in all weather conditions, including heavy rain, fog, etc. It is not uncommon for our customers to lose their TV’s satellite signal in a heavy storm, but not lose their Internet Connection.
What about the “fine print”?
Customers will be required to abide by the terms set forth in the acceptable use policy. Be advised that AireNet reserves the right to change the acceptable use policy at any time. AireNet reserves the right to add, remove or change any and all items (including pricing) on this website at any time, as we deem necessary.
How do I contact AireNet ?
If you have questions that aren’t answered on this page, please contact us by phone at 1.800.815.5570 or email!