- To Setup your AireNet email under your email client (ie: Outlook, Windows mail etc) Use the following settings:
Incoming mail (POP3): mail.airenet.com (PORT 110)
Outgoing mail (SMTP): mail.airenet.com (PORT 25)
Account name: Please use your whole email address. (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org)
We do not require any type of Authentication.
If you are setting up your email account under a cell phone, Please contact your cell phone provider for the proper outgoing mail server information. when connected to the cell phones network, you cannot use mail.airenet.com as the outgoing server.
- AireNet is an Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) bringing high-speed Wireless Internet access to surrounding areas of Acme, Bowden, Carstairs, Cremona, Crossfield, Dickson, Didsbury, Dogpound, Eagle Hill, Gleniffer Lake, Innisfail, Linden, Madden, Olds, Spruce View, Sundre, Sunnyslope, Swalwell, Three Hills, Torrington, Trochu, Water Valley, Winchell Lake and surrounding areas of Central Alberta, Canada (Coverage Map)..
- We started beta testing in March 2001, and have been serving some of these communities for more than 10 years!
- AireNet is a 100% local privately owned and operated Alberta company. The owners and staff of AireNet have lived here most of our lives and are just ordinary people like you. We are here to bring the most reliable and Best Internet Available. AireNet is not a division of any other communications company and AireNet is not a publicly traded corporation with our head office in the big city or in another province. Our office is located in Olds, Alberta and we can be reached at 403.556.6315. You will always talk with some one who will be able to assist you in what ever Internet Problem you are having.
What is “Fixed Wireless”?
Fixed Wireless is the process of connecting your desktop computer or network to the Internet through the use of microwave radios using the IEEE 802.11 standard. AireNet has several towers in the counties of Mountain View, Kneehill, Rocky View MD, and Red Deer County and from them, broadcasts a two-way Internet signal to customers. A Wireless Install is very similar to a Satellite Dish Install with a dish mounted on the out side of your house or business and a lead in cable coming into the house at your desired location.
In order to understand Fixed Wireless, it’s also important to talk about what fixed wireless is NOT:
- It does not require a phone line! No more missed calls. Talk while you surf.
- It does not use satellite! AireNet BroadBand’s signal is not bounced off a satellite 22,000 miles away in space to reach customers. Because satellite signals have to travel 44,000 miles round-trip, a noticeable lag time (delay) is experienced while surfing via satellite. It does not have satellite lag times.
- It is not “Bluetooth”, and it’s not from your cell-phone. These technologies are designed for slow, short-range, roaming wireless connection between devices. AireNet BroadBand’s implementation of Fixed Wireless uses the IEEE 802.11 standard to achieve a 12-15 mile (or more) broadcast range. It is designed for dependable, high-speed, wireless connection between buildings, not devices.
- We DO NOT USE DSL LINES for our Backbone. We have Fiber Optic Cable which is capable of speeds the same as ALBERTA SUPERNET. We use Ultra High Speed Back Haul Units to our relay tower sites, which tie back to the fiber in Olds.
How fast is it?
AireNet’s Fixed High Speed Wireless standard plan is 1.5 Mbs. download and 1 Mbs. upload but can exceed speeds of 14 Mbps. if required. By comparison, dial-up modems do not exceed 56k. AireNet can run up to 300 times faster than a regular dial-up modem. Under Special Circumstances AireNet can offer connections as high as 100 Mbs.
How much does it cost?
See the pricing page for details. The standard home package costs $399 for setup $0 if you want to sign a 3 year contract and $49.00 per month for service. The standard business package costs $499 for setup $0 if you sign a 3 year contract and $59.00 per month.
What are the hardware/software requirements?
AireNet BroadBand’s standard equipment is designed to connect to a computer via the Ethernet port. No software is required for the computer. The equipment is compatible with any computer that has an Ethernet port (Windows, Macs, Linux, etc). For multiple computers, a router will be required (not included).
Do I have to sign a contract?
Only if you want to. Airenet Internet is a month to month service and you may cancel at any time (if you didn’t sign a contract) if you are not totally satisfied, for what ever reason. If you move or no longer require the equipment AireNet will come out and pick up the equipment at no charge.
Do you offer email addresses, web pages and web hosting?
In addition to offering broadband, we offer a wide variety of Internet-related services.
Email addresses will be “YourName@airenet.com”. 3 email addresses come with each residential account, as well as 10MB of space for static web pages. User web sites are available upon request and are accessible by going to www.airenet.com/YourName. Additional email addresses are available at a small cost. Email settings for Incoming and Outgoing Servers are mail.airenet.com
What’s the range for Fixed Wireless?
Although we have customers as far out as 18 miles away from our tower, the general coverage area is roughly a 12-15 mile radius extending from each tower. As a general rule, service is available wherever an unobstructed view of one of our towers can be established. Although it is technically feasible, we discourage installations where a direct line-of-sight to our towers is not possible. Click here to see a coverage map.
What about hills, trees and weather?
As a general rule, fixed wireless signals cannot penetrate buildings, hills and thick trees to provide a reliable service. Direct line-of-sight to one of our towers is required. We do have a number of connections within 1-mile radius of a tower that will burn through light trees. If obstructions prevent line-of-sight to one of our towers, a mast or pole may be required. The mast can be attached to the roof or side of the house – much like a TV antenna. (The customer will be billed for the cost of any mounting materials, equipment and labor to erect such a mast or tower. Fixed wireless signals function in all weather conditions, including heavy rain, fog, etc. It is not uncommon for our customers to lose their TV’s satellite signal in a heavy storm, but not lose their Internet Connection.
What if I don’t like it?
AireNet offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
What about the “fine print”?
Customers will be required to abide by the terms set forth in the acceptable use policy. Be advised that AireNet reserves the right to change the acceptable use policy at any time. AireNet reserves the right to add, remove or change any and all items (including pricing) on this website at any time, as we deem necessary.